Re: [Hampshire] Mobile Internet from T Mobile.

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Mobile Internet from T Mobile.

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Alan Pope wrote:

> I believe they do "just work", I believe Andy Ransom has one. The one that
> is built into my laptop certainly works.

I have a Huawei E220 USB modem from 3 which does indeed just work on my
Eee, I had to work my way through the network config GUI to setup the
connection initially, but even that was a pretty pain free process and I
was up and running within 5 minutes of plugging the device into the Eee.

I've not tried it on any other Linux distro, but I'll have it with me at
the meeting on Saturday if anybody wants to take a look at the device.

Talking to other people who have T-Mobile and Vodafone wireless broadband
modems they have also been provided with the same model so it is quite
likely that the T-Mobile service originally asked about will also work
fine. If in doubt check the model number of the device you are going to
get before you buy.

Andy