Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Re: Hampshire] 3rd mouse button in Gnome

Author: Keith Edmunds
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Re: Hampshire] 3rd mouse button in Gnome
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 00:51:06 +0000, victor@??? said:

> am I the only one who gets hacked off with apps in the
> current distros that do not respect the X conventions of copy&paste?

There are multiple clipboards in X. Conventionally, ^X/^C/^V handle
one, and select + middle button paste hanlde a completely separate one.
There should be no X applications that don't respect the latter because it
is implemented by X itself rather than the applications.

What applications do you have in mind that don't respect that?

--
Keith Edmunds

|  Tiger Computing Ltd  |  Helping businesses make the most of Linux  |
|  "The Linux Company"  |       http://www.tiger-computing.co.uk      |