Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Re: Hampshire] 3rd mouse button in Gnome

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Re: Hampshire] 3rd mouse button in Gnome
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 08:02:03 +0000
Keith Edmunds <kae@???> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 00:51:06 +0000, victor@??? said:
>
> > am I the only one who gets hacked off with apps in the
> > current distros that do not respect the X conventions of
> > copy&paste?
>
> There are multiple clipboards in X. Conventionally, ^X/^C/^V handle
> one, and select + middle button paste hanlde a completely separate
> one.

I find this quite useful as I can copy/paste one bit of text with
^c/^v and copy/paste another bit of text with the mouse. Using
xclipboard extends this idea and I can then copy and paste numerous
bits of text,

eg I often want to put 'St. Mary, Kingsclere' into a
place of baptism field, but also want 'St. Stephen, Baughurst' or 'St.
Catherine, Wolverton' for other people so xclipboard allows me to
save all these parish names and use them at will.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package