Re: [Hampshire] rsh question

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] rsh question
> Security is not an issue here as the connection is via the directly
> cabled Heartbeat NIC-to-NIC connection between the two servers.

So that's a completely private LAN segment? Or are there other hosts
connected?

When you're spewing out a password in cleartext with enough privilege to
play games with your disks, these things become important. Usually the day
before you realise they're important...

> Yes, I
> could use ssh but the customer wants to use rsh and naturally, the
> customer is always right aren't they?

No - the customer pays me for my knowledge and experience. That's why I'd
tell them it's a bad idea to use rsh when the alternative is so much
easier & safer.

Vic.