[Hampshire] windows grub repair suse 10.2

Author: m.nuttall
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] windows grub repair suse 10.2

Grrrr,

I had to reinstall windows 2000 which of course wiped out grub.
Happened lots of times so i went to reinstall grub with 10.2 opensuse
boot cd with install boot loader.

Normally it works fine writing a generic mbr to the mbr but now it says its ok
but grub doesnt exist on reboot ie it just goes to windows boot menu (2k,xp)

Trying other options gives an error of cant find (hd0,6). My root partition is
hda7 so why is it mentioning (hd0,6) ?

hda6 is my home partition is it getting confused?

Tried livedvd suse10.0 yast but wants to write to the cd and sits there stuck at
50% progress.

The only thing i can think of is to install the suse10.3 after formating my root
partition.

suse install bootmanager confused?
Any other suggestions?

Martin N