Re: [Hampshire] The end of an era

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] The end of an era
Adam Trickett wrote:
> On Friday 28 Dec 2007, Tim wrote:
>
>>AOL pull the Netscape plug
>>
>>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7163547.stm
>>

> Indeed the King is Dead, Long Live the King...
>
> Actually I've not seen anyone use Netscape in years, I didn't know AOL even
> bothered with it anymore. When you look back at Netscape it didn't really
> have an illustrious history.
>
> 1) Netscape browsers have a history of being buggy and nonstandard compliant.

I used NS alpha and at the time the competition cello,viola et.al
did not even provide similar forms handling capabilities.
At the time NS on windows and *nix provided almost identical
forms handlins and presentation - pretty important for our apps.

Jacqui

In those days there was no apache - just the Cern server and perl4 ;-)