Re: [Hampshire] Samba and MS vista

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Samba and MS vista
* Tim (xendistar@???) wrote:
> So to correct the message, if I am in mepis 6.5 my XP and vista boxes have
> full read right access to the shares, if I am in mepis 7 then neither my XP
> or Vista boxes can access have access to the shares.
>
> Any thoughts??

You said originally that the config file was the same in both
cases. Has the version of Samba changed between 6.5 and 7? If so, is
it possible to use the older version of samba in Mepis 7? Is there
a known problem with the version of Samba included with Mepis 7 and
if so, I would expect there to be a work around. Is there a more
recent version of Samba than the one available in Mepis 7 that could
be used?

Just some thoughts. I am no Samba expert.

--
Philip Stubbs
http://www.stuphi.co.uk