Re: [Hampshire] [Advert] For Sale - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2…

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: adrian, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Advert] For Sale - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 PC2-5300C3 667MHz Dual Channel Kit
Adrian Bridgett wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 10:19:29 +0000 (+0000), Sean Gibbins wrote:
>
>> Having just bought a 4GB kit I am looking to sell the 2 x 1GB modules
>> that currently reside in my main machine.
>>
>> There is a description of the product here:
>>
>> http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-088-CR
>>

> Just a warning - the voltage on these (2.2v) is above the standard, and
> whilst _most_ motherboards will be fine, some are not.
>
> In particular the asrock 939 conroe isn't (guess who found this out).

Interesting. My ASRock 775Dual-VSTA doesn't have a problem with it. I
may put it into one of the other machines here and sell the memory from
that instead if there is a chance there will be a problem though.

> Despite telling them, last I checked crucial still claimed it was
> compatible (but asrock only went to 1.9v). They were good enough to
> replace it for normal memory though, but as a result of their dreadful
> "customer support" overclockers will never get another penny of my
> money (unlike crucial whose customer support is absolutely first rate).

Heh! That's where I have just bought the 4Gb kit from! I must admit I
have not had a problem with them to date, and long may it continue!

Sean