Re: [Hampshire] Documenting Stuff

Author: Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Documenting Stuff
On Sunday 06 Jan 2008, john lewis wrote:
> some time back several people suggested using tiddlywiki for making
> notes about stuff we need to remember.
>
> It is fine with one exception, it don't work with the opera browser.
> You can open the tiddlywiki, enter stuff but cannot save it. It does
> work in iceweasel but I don't want to have to open another browser
> just to look at some notes.
>
> I have just found an possible alternative in a Debian package called
> zim.

Zim isn't bad, it's a desktop wiki, so it's supposed to be as easy as a wiki
but run on the desktop. Similar tools to consider are kjots and some similar
GNOMEish tool that I forget the name off.

If you are running a web server, you can also just install a standard wiki,
there are quite a few to choose from.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Good advice is always certain to be ignored,
but that's no reason not to give it
    -- Agatha Christie