Re: [Hampshire] Buying new laptops in Hampshire

Author: Alan Bell
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Buying new laptops in Hampshire
well my one works fine. I wouldn't say they were better or worse than
anywhere else, you get the same models badged as Clevo or Rock or
Alienware etc.
I did manage to break my keyboard by spilling a cup of tea on it
(fitting the British tea drinking stereotype much to the amusement of my
American friends) I contacted customer service, expecting to be ripped
off, they have to order one from the factory in Asia, but it will only
cost me £20 plus UK shipping so I was pretty pleased with that.
In terms of working with Linux, the touchpad works as a Logitec mouse,
it doesn't yet have a good driver (I have seen a kernel patch that might
help, but I have not got round to trying it). No idea if the modem
works, it probably doesn't.

Alan.