[Hampshire] Dual boot, shared files in Kubuntu.

Author: hantslug
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Dual boot, shared files in Kubuntu.
I am looking to set up shared files in a Kubuntu/Doze installation. I have
found the following:

but am open to other suggestions.

Is it really necessary to use a Windows partitioner? And if so, can anyone
suggest a good one that does not require money?

If not, which Linux partitioner would be a good idea, and on which Live CD?
(Assuming that it would need to be run from a Live CD.) Or could I run it
from within Kubuntu?

Also, any gotchas I should be aware of? I currently favour the first of the
URLs above, because it gives clear directions for how to use Thunderbird and
Firefox from either OS/Distro, sharing files.

TIA
Lisi