RE: [Hampshire] Samba for newbies

Author: Alastair Biggs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: RE: [Hampshire] Samba for newbies

Yesterday I ensured the XP workgroup was the same as the server's and I created a test user account to access samba.

In XP when I click on view workgroup computers I can see my server " DRAGONNINJA" when I click on it a login prompt appears telling me to enter my credentials. So I entered the credentials ( Samba user account ) but nothing happens.

I will have to double check my config files and post them up for feedback.

But I have just had a thought could windows firewall possibly be stopping me from accessing my Debian box? if so what port number do I have to forward.

Many Thanks

Alastair
http://www.searchgamesbox.com