[Hampshire] Seminar on Open Source Software

Author: Alan Bell
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Seminar on Open Source Software
Hi All,

The Open Learning Centre (me and my mate Alan Lord) are running a
seminar for local businesses in Guildford on the 29th of January. We
will be presenting a whole host of applications (Ubuntu, OpenOffice.org,
Asterisk, Twinkle, Joomla! + some interesting components, and anything
else we can work into it, possibly including an OLPC laptop if we can)
and we have a bit of fun by showing them in a role play in a fictional
company.
We got somewhat distracted by the BETT show and the OLPC laptops so we
have not done much marketing for the seminar and time is running out. If
you would like to come along to see how we do these seminars then we
would really appreciate having you.

The seminar is at the Guildford Institute, Ward Street, Guildford, GU1
4LH on 29th January from 9am to 11:30am. To register please visit
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com/seminar or call 0844 4849388 (which
puts you through to our Asterisk system) We are charging £15+VAT for the
seminar, but I will let you into a secret - you can register without
paying and we will still let you in :-)

Feel free to tell your friends, particularly any businesses that are a
bit unsure about using Free and Open Source software.

Alan Bell
The Open Learning Centre