Re: [Hampshire] map creation software

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] map creation software

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58049100.hantslug.org.uk.17248': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Jan 23 21:17:04 2008 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 08:42:02PM +0000, Alan Bell wrote:
> I have used touchgraph to map a bunch of related items
>
> http://www.touchgraph.com
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/touchgraph
>
> It kind of uses springs and repulsion to position the nodes, they bounce
> about and then settle down to an equilibrium position.

It's one of the best techniques for doing this sort of thing on
certain types of graph. graphviz does it with one of its layout
methods (I think it's called FSM). Of course, graphviz can't animate
it, as it outputs a single picture, but it uses the technique
internally to calculate the positions of the nodes.

Hugo.

       --- A cross? Oy vey, have you picked the wrong vampire! ---