Re: [Hampshire] ADMIN: February's meeting

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ADMIN: February's meeting
Well the results are now in - many thanks to the eighteen people who
filled it in.

It's fairly close, but there is a clear ordering:
security (crypto, SSH, GPG, VPN, encrypted filesystems) - 4.11 (1st)
media (VoIP, Skype, MythTV, digital photography, DV encoding) - 4.00 (2nd)
backups (sbackup, rsync, bacula, backuppc, duplicity) - 3.83 (3rd)
network (basics, firewall, VPN, IP multicast, IPv6, network manager, SSH) 3.61 (4th)

There was also a request for a talk about AJAX and web frameworks.

So we'll have a security themed meeting next weekend. I suspect that
means there might be some GPG signing going on, so bringing along some
form of ID would be a good idea:
http://hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LinuxHints/KeySigning

Offers for security themed talks most welcome (no need to wait for a
formal "that'd be great" since I will almost certainly reply in those
terms!).

We should have Hugo's delayed crypto talk and I'll try and prepare one
this weekend on OpenVPN.

Adrian
--
Email: adrian@??? -*- GPG key available on public key servers