Re: [Hampshire] Nokia to by Trolltech (Qt)

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Nokia to by Trolltech (Qt)

On Mon, January 28, 2008 11:59, Dr Adam J Trickett wrote:
> Sun bought MySQL and now Nokia have just bought Trolltech. It's clear
> that Nokia want the Qtopia environment and with Linux doing well on
> small devices owning Trolltech and therefore having input makes sense
> for Nokia.
>
> I don't know if it's good news that big companies are buying up little
> ones. I just hope that Nokia don't mess with QT so that they break KDE..

If the do, then the QT Foundation will probably vote to make
Qt available under a BSD license and free it from the control
of Trolltech/Nokia.

http://www.kde.org/whatiskde/kdefreeqtfoundation.php

(though since it's GPL'd, it could always just be forked).

--
Be seeing you,            http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                      xmpp:sam@???