[Hampshire] Nokia to by Trolltech (Qt)

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Hants LUG
Subject: [Hampshire] Nokia to by Trolltech (Qt)
Hi,

Sun bought MySQL and now Nokia have just bought Trolltech. It's clear
that Nokia want the Qtopia environment and with Linux doing well on
small devices owning Trolltech and therefore having input makes sense
for Nokia.

I don't know if it's good news that big companies are buying up little
ones. I just hope that Nokia don't mess with QT so that they break KDE..

When you look at the big projects out there, a lot seems to be effectivly
run by a oligarchy of big companies via a foundation, or owned by
a big company. I don't know if it's good or bad, I just hope the companies
don't kill what they have...

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
    -- John Lennon