[Hampshire] Open Question to group on Linux Deployments

Author: Jack Knight
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Open Question to group on Linux Deployments
Hi all.

I'm looking at writing an article on the current business benefits of
migrating to Linux on the desktop as opposed to Vista. Given the
latter's sluggish take-up by many corporates, some see this as a sign of
the advent of desktop Linux becoming mainstream. However, since many of
you work in the industry I'd like to canvass opinion on the subject
before committing my hopelessly bHi all.

I've been asked to write an article on the business benefits of
migrating to Linux on the desktop as opposed to Vista. Given the
latter's sluggish take-up by many corporates, some see this as a sign of
the advent of desktop Linux becoming mainstream. However, since many of
you work in the industry I'd like to canvass opinion on the subject
before committing my hopelessly biased opinions to print ;^)=

Seriously though, I'd like to hear from anyone with a view and/or hard data.

So, with this in mind, can anyone let me have info on the following:

1) Has the amount of Linux business deployments changed since Vista came
out?
2) Do you have clients who are migrating from XP to Linux, if so what
are the main reasons?
3) Have any of your clients tried Vista out and not liked it?

On a similar note, does anyone know what sort of volume of preinstalled
Linux machines are being sold by the likes of Dell, Lenovo, Tesco etc.?

TiA.

jfk