Re: [Hampshire] pptp GUI on debian lenny

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Will Davies
CC: Hants LUG
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] pptp GUI on debian lenny
On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 at 11:51:13AM +0000, Will Davies wrote:

> done that, and then followed a merry dance
> according to [1] at the repository pptpconfig is obsolete and
> deprecated. This repository doesn't provide libglib1.2 I wonder if this
> is incompatible with lenny.
>
> James Cameron points to debian bug #390708, the source is in cvs and
> needs compiling. Against this bug is a post on 27/09/2007 offering a deb
> from ubuntu. I gave this a go but didn't see any extra functionality
> added to the network-manager applet. I saw a post somewhere suggesting
> that roaming needed to be on, tried this. I am in dev-net or net-dev. I
> have restarted networking.
>
> fun,fun,fun

Or not as the case may be...

If you get it all working, I'd be interested in finding out how.

As far as I know MS PPTP is as secure as a chocolate fire-guard, but
it's what work use. Sometimes it would be useful to use it when
working from home, rather than the current palaver I have to go
through.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
    -- Hanlon's Razor