Re: [Hampshire] Samsung CLP-300N Colour Laser Printer (now w…

Author: john
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Samsung CLP-300N Colour Laser Printer (now working)
On Saturday 09 February 2008 08:44:03 Andy Random wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anybody have any experience or opinions on this beastie:
>
>    http://www.ebuyer.com/product/120362

> It's a colour laser printer with a network interface for 120UKP which
> seems like a great deal to me...
>
> Am I just out of touch with printer prices or is there a catch?
>

>    Andy

HI Andy

I have now got my Samsung CLP-300 Colour Laser Printer working. The print out
is now reasonable. It required using the driver software at
http://www.foo2qpdl.rkkda.com. Do not use the Samsung driver software that
comes with the printer.

The Staples price was £129. Other places are selling it with delivery for
£100.

There is a problem with rendering accurate colours from a photo. This I think
can be sorted with something called ICC profiles but I have no idea how to do
this yet. But that does not concern me too much as I would get get an inkjet
to print photos.

John Eayrs