Re: [Hampshire] Unidentified partitions

Author: Damian Brasher
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Unidentified partitions
Damian Brasher wrote:

> Worth a try before opening up the mac-mini again. I'm currently using a
> live Knoppix CD (V.5.1) to run the machine. I'll see later if gpart
> http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/user/76201/gpart/ for those that haven't
> used it before, reveals anything and dump the would be partition table to
> a file for examination as Hugo has suggested previously # file -
> </dev/hda1.
>
> I may need to rebuild the partition table.

The results from #gpart /dev/hda

Guessed primary partition table:
Primary partition(1)
type: 000(0x00)(unused)
size: 0mb #s(0) s(0-0)
chs: (0/0/0)-(0/0/0)d (0/0/0)-(0/0/0)r

Primary partition(2)
type: 000(0x00)(unused)
size: 0mb #s(0) s(0-0)
chs: (0/0/0)-(0/0/0)d (0/0/0)-(0/0/0)r

Primary partition(3)
type: 000(0x00)(unused)
size: 0mb #s(0) s(0-0)
chs: (0/0/0)-(0/0/0)d (0/0/0)-(0/0/0)r

Primary partition(4)
type: 000(0x00)(unused)
size: 0mb #s(0) s(0-0)
chs: (0/0/0)-(0/0/0)d (0/0/0)-(0/0/0)r

Not very encouraging, the partition table: #file - </dev/hda1

/dev/stdin: Apple Partition data block size: 0, first type:
Apple_Bootstrap, name: untitled, number of blocks: 2048, second type:
Apple_UNIX_SVR2, name: untitled, number of blocks: 204800,

I'll try loading more file systems modules then I suspect I will need to
drop the hdd back into the mac-mini temporarily...

Damian

--
Damian Brasher

www.interlinux.co.uk