Re: [Hampshire] Unidentified partitions

Author: Damian Brasher
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Unidentified partitions
Damian Brasher wrote:

>> Worth a try before opening up the mac-mini again. I'm currently using a
>> live Knoppix CD (V.5.1) to run the machine. I'll see later if gpart
>> http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/user/76201/gpart/ for those that haven't
>> used it before, reveals anything and dump the would be partition table
>> a file for examination as Hugo has suggested previously # file -
>> </dev/hda1.
>>
>> I may need to rebuild the partition table.
>>

> The results from #gpart /dev/hda
>
> Guessed primary partition table:
> Primary partition(1)
>    type: 000(0x00)(unused)
>    size: 0mb #s(0) s(0-0)
>    chs:  (0/0/0)-(0/0/0)d (0/0/0)-(0/0/0)r

> Not very encouraging, the partition table: #file - </dev/hda1
>
> /dev/stdin: Apple Partition data block size: 0, first type:
> Apple_Bootstrap, name: untitled, number of blocks: 2048, second type:
> Apple_UNIX_SVR2, name: untitled, number of blocks: 204800,
>
> I'll try loading more file systems modules then I suspect I will need to
> drop the hdd back into the mac-mini temporarily...

For completeness; the hard drive worked back in the mac-mini, I gzipped up
my home directory and transferred it to my server to simply unpack in the
new home directory, hopefully there won't be too many incompatibilities
between Fedora5 and Fedora8 applications.

Damian

--
Damian Brasher

www.interlinux.co.uk