Re: [Hampshire] Is Lenny fairly stable?

Author: Owain Clarke
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Is Lenny fairly stable?
hantslug@??? wrote:
> I know that some of you are using Debian Lenny. How near stable is it? Is it
> in essence desk-top ready or is it still a case of living dangerously?
>
> TIA
> Lisi

My tuppeny worth is that, even as a Linux idiot (my posts prove this) I
run Debian Lenny. I do an apt-get update, then I check the bug reports
before I upgrade everything. Anything that looks worrying I wait for
the bug to be sorted. Works for me. Running Debian Testing means never
having the complexity of a reinstall, and it also means not
understanding what people mean when they say Debian releases take for
ever and its software isn't up to date.

Owain