Re: [Hampshire] Debian packaging : shlibs.local?

Author: Vic
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian packaging : shlibs.local?
> Yep - that's expected behaviour. Or rather, it should be the shlibs
> file that libc6-dev on that box provides. I believe newer dpkg-dev
> tools are doing something more complex now so that they can tell if
> the symbols have changed.

I think this is really an issue with alien; it makes a generic statement
about dependencies rather than doing what the original rpm told it to...

>> It looks
>> like debian/shlibs.local ought to be the way to do this - but I can't
>> figure out how :-)
>
> Possible, I'm not really sure I'm afraid. "man dpkg-shlibdeps" is
> going to have the most info if you havn't found it.

I sussed it out in the end - just in time :-)

The trick is to do something like :-

libc 6 libc-i386 (>=2.3.4)

in debian/shlibs.local. I had a "2" in place of the "6" (wrong type of
version number!), which was why it wasn't working.

Vic.