[Hampshire] Debian packaging : shlibs.local?

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Debian packaging : shlibs.local?
Hi All.

I'm still struggling with .debs :-)

When converting an RPM with alien, I get a dependency line in
debian/control :

Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}

...Which is all very well.

Unfortunately, this expands to the version of libc that the build box is
running - which is different from the version required by the binary. As a
result, people can't install my .debs :-(

What I'd like to do is to override the version requirement of libc - but
without manually building the dependency list in debian/control. It looks
like debian/shlibs.local ought to be the way to do this - but I can't
figure out how :-)

Can someone put me out of my misery again,please?

Thanks!

Vic.