Re: [Hampshire] USB Wifi Dongle - Recommendations Sought

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] USB Wifi Dongle - Recommendations Sought
Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Jonathan Hudson wrote:
>>
>> 3Com OfficeConnect (3CRUSB10075)11G (54Mbps) USB; Zydas chipset, works
>> out of the box on Gutsy and Hardy on i386, ppc32 and x86_64 (at least).
>>
>> AFAIK, still obtainable.
>
> Cheers Jonathan - still around but quiet pricey (around 30 quid). Any
> other suggestions out there?
>
> Sean

As it happens managed to grab one off ebay tonight for under a tenner -
nice!

Now all I need is a PCI graphics card - anyone got anything laying
around in the loft they want to sell on? Matrox or nVidia preferred, but
I'll go an ATI too if it is reasonably recent. Probably best if you
contact me off-list with that I guess.

I have a /very/ nice fanless ATI Radeon 9600 with 128Mb RAM on board -
sadly it's an AGP 8x card so useless to me in this instance - I'd be
happy to swap it for something of a similar quality in PCI though...

Sean