Re: [Hampshire] ISPs (again): Recommendation and warning

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ISPs (again): Recommendation and warning
On Friday 29 February 2008 17:39, Clive Woodfine wrote:
> My phone line is with TalkTalk (was Lineone) and I have just received
> a letter from them offering free broadband (40GB download per month)
> if I upgrade to their Talk2 Total call plan when they are on my
> exchange at the end of the month.
>
> Sounds too good to be true. Anyone else have experience of them?

As I recently told a salesman in Carphone Warehouse, there is no barge pole
long enough for me to use to touch them. If anything goes wrong, they are
diabolical. I had an appalling time setting up a client's connection. When it
works, it is apparently great - but the problems arise when something goes
wrong.

But it is cheap, and if you can solve all your problems yourself, and have a
lot of patience if it is something like their DNS that seems to be the
problem, then you might be happy!

Lisi