Re: [Hampshire] ISPs (again): Recommendation and warning

Author: Dean Earley
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ISPs (again): Recommendation and warning
Rob Malpass wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Two quick things - both related:
>
> 1) I want a largely bog standard home ADSL 2Mb connection but I'm fed up
> of very polite but entirely clueless tech folks (see below) wasting my
> time with pointless instructions so, rightly or wrongly, I'm looking for
> an ISP with UK call centre tech support.

Another one for the huge list already given.. :)

I use and recommend A&A who are slightly more expensive than most, but
you can talk direct to the techies (and frequently the TD)
They make a point of not blocking anything and being VERY open about
what they are doing, problems, upgrades, etc.
This is one of the reasons I'm happy to pay for more than just the mass
market ISPs.

They only officially have phone support during work hours, but more
often than not, you can get a reply in their IRC channel or the newsgroup.

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean@???)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/
web:    http://personal.earlsoft.co.uk