Re: [Hampshire] ISPs (again): Recommendation and warning

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ISPs (again): Recommendation and warning
> If so, what ISP
> would folks recommend for my pretty standard needs?

I'm with Eclipse. I'm fairly pleased with them.

Before I moved last year, the connection was rock-solid. I get to control
things like rDNS, and there's no messing about with proxies or the like. I
get an 8Mb connection for £20 a month.

The move was interesting :-). They failed to tell me that if I didn't
provide the new number at least a month before moving, that would be a
completely new connection (i.e. I was disconnected for about 10 days). The
form I filled in implied that they'd liaise with BT to sort that out -
they don't. BUt at least I didn't have to part with any cash to get the
new connection (just had to agree to another 12-month contract).

Since moving, I still get an 8Mb connection - but I have had some line
drops. It's usually <1min at a time, but it's always just when I was doing
something :-)

As for usage limits - I get up to 30GB a month - but that's only measured
between 6pm and midnight, so even heavy users like me get plenty.

Vic.