[Hampshire] Printer recommendations sought

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Printer recommendations sought
Hi Folks,

I am looking for a fairly basic printer that will play nice with Ubuntu,
CUPS and Samba, given that my Stylus Color 680 is slowly falling apart.

I don't need fax or photocopier functionality, and speed is not an issue
as such.

I do need to be able to produce reasonably good A4 colour prints and
maybe the odd photo.

We don't produce an enormous amount of printed output, probably 50
sheets a week maximum that are generally a mixture of text and diagrams
(i.e. homework), so something that provides reasonably quality and
economy is ideal, price up to 60 or 70 quid I guess, unless someone can
point me at something that justifies a little more expense in which case
I might be able to squeeze a little more out of the wallet.

Sean