[Hampshire] [OT] Record Deck Sought

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Record Deck Sought
Me again.

I am looking for a record deck and may well have been up for a new
budget effort were it not for the pesky kids, their need for a printer
and my wife's refusal to sign off the approval on the basis that the
kids moan louder than I do!

;-)

Anyway, I thought it might be worth a punt to see if anyone had anything
stashed away in the loft or gathering dust in the corner they wanted to
part with for a more reasonable sum than the £140 or so needed for a new
deck.

I have a Dual CS-something-or-other I inherited from my father-in-law,
but it is not a well deck, rumbling and buzzing in a way that indicates
that the motor and bearings may be on the way out.

I have been looking at Rega, NAD and Pro-ject decks on ebay, but to be
honest they are costing as much as the well-reviewed new budget efforts
from Goldring and Pro-ject once collection or postage is factored in.

So, if you have a reasonable deck and want to sell it please let me know
off-list and I will consult with my lovely wife on whether we can afford
what you are looking for price wise.

Cheers,

Sean