Re: [Hampshire] Downloading MP4s from the BBC iPlayer

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Downloading MP4s from the BBC iPlayer

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x568b8100.hantslug.org.uk.14371': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Mar 11 18:50:40 2008 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Tuesday 11 Mar 2008, Jim Kissel wrote:
> Dr Adam J Trickett wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > See:
> > http://exploringfreedom.org/2008/03/08/bbc-iplayer-on-gnu-linux-without-f
> >lash-using-only-free-software/
> >
> > for details.
>
> Everything works as advertised. I can the <object in the firebug window.
> I just can figure out how to cut/navigate to the firebug window.
> Everytime I move the mouse, I loose the contect of the iPlayer window.
>
> I would just type in the wget command, but I can't see the entire url.
>
> suggestions please

Firebug, very powerful, but sometimes a pain. I can't remember what I do, but
I'm sure with careful pressing of the shift or ctrl key I got the pointer to
move without changing the focus. Alternatively just add the UnPlug Firefox
extension - which is much simpler all round.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Do not assume the other fellow has intelligence to match yours.
He may have more.
    -- Terry Thomas