Re: [Hampshire] Domestic UPS

Author: Jacqui Caren
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Domestic UPS
Tony Whitmore wrote:
> The UPS itself is of course OS independent, but if you want to monitor
> the status of the UPS and shut the PC down in the event of an extended
> power failure then it pays to check compatibility.

I read somewhere a neat trick for cheapo UPS such as mine. Plug an
external modem and use a bit of software to watch when the DSR drops.

Use this to trigger shutdown.

No need to plug the modem into anything - just have it powered up
but NOT via the UPS :-)

Jacqui

Mine[0] are Trust and DO NOT come with any form of monitor!
Personally I would avoid them like the plague but I do not get to
pick and choose what I am given :-(

[0] My employers