Re: [Hampshire] Disk images and virtualisation

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Disk images and virtualisation
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 11:05:22 +0000
Sean Gibbins <sean@???> wrote:

> Have you mounted the cdrom at the Virtualbox admin console for that
> instance?

Thanks for that tip Sean. Doing that means a windows app that
previously reported no disk in drive can now see the data disks.

Only problem now is that it won't let me open the CD drawer once I
have finished with the CD or need to change it (one data set I use
consists of 5 CDs). Clicking on the drive icon and telling it to eject
does nothing.

But at least I don't have to wait until my wife isn't using her
W2K system to access stuff on the CDs and it is a simple matter to
shutdown, remove the CD and re-start virtual windows.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) & the GeneWeb genealogical data server