Re: [Hampshire] HP's answer to the eeepc

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] HP's answer to the eeepc
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:59:31 +0100
Alan Pope <alan@???> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 10:44:04PM +0100, Alan Bell wrote:
> > Elonex have the Elonex One at £99 each in mass production volumes
> > very soon. They are a good company to watch in this space for the
> > UK.

> Shame the device is butt-ugly :(

Given the proposed price, if it works and runs linux I think
appearance is only secondary :-)

Not that I am going to buy any of these small format systems but I
did have a request about a suitable portable computer for a
schoolgirl friend of one of my daughters. I suggested the Asus system
because it is available now but a £100 system would be even better.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) & the GeneWeb genealogical data server