Re: [Hampshire] HP's answer to the eeepc

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] HP's answer to the eeepc
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 10:25:01AM +0100, john lewis wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:59:31 +0100
> Alan Pope <alan@???> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 10:44:04PM +0100, Alan Bell wrote:
> > > Elonex have the Elonex One at £99 each in mass production volumes
> > > very soon. They are a good company to watch in this space for the
> > > UK.
> > >

> > Shame the device is butt-ugly :(
>
> I forgot to mention you can order it in jet black, silver, ice white,
> pink and green.

Yeah, have you seen how disgusting those colours look!?

http://www.elonexone.co.uk/gallery.html

Compared with

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/849/eeepccolourpa9.jpg

It's individual taste of course. But having experienced people come over to
pick up the Eee and fawn over it, I _really_ can't see the same thing happen
with the One.

> and there is a higher spec* version at £119
>
> *with Bluetooth, 2Gb, 256Mb as compared to the basic system with
> wireless only and 1Gb, 128Mb

The Eee is releasing a 9" version with 20G storage next month :) Looks like
HP/Dell/Elonex are playing catch up :)

Cheers,
Al.