Re: [Hampshire] OpenMoko/Freerunner

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
New-Topics: Re: [Hampshire] OpenMoko/Freerunner
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OpenMoko/Freerunner

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x570e7100.hantslug.org.uk.1450': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Apr 18 15:25:23 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 03:11:18PM +0100, Chris Smith wrote:
> Hugo Mills wrote:
> >
> >    One thing that's been mentioned is that they'll be selling a
> > 10-pack as well as individual phones -- this brings the cost per unit
> > down from $399 to $369, and will also save significantly on shipping.
> > If anyone wants to put together a group of people to buy one of these
> > 10-packs, I've set up a wiki page[4] to express your interest.

> Now that we have at least ten people on the wiki list, is it worth
> considering logistics? My first thoughts include trench-coats,
> sunglasses and large brown envelopes slid across park benches, or under
> tables at a greasy-spoon. I'm certain there may be better ways, albeit
> not quite so cool... :)

When the purchasing options become clearer, I'll put up a final
price, check that everyone's still OK with it, and then sort out how
to collect the money and circulate details off list. If wearing a
trench-coat will make you happy (and doesn't break your parole
requirements), then feel free to make use of the brown envelope
method.

Hugo.

       --- Never underestimate the bandwidth of a Volvo filled ---
                           with backup tapes.