Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Windows Wireless problem

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Windows Wireless problem
Tim wrote:

> The laptop did at one time work on this wireless network (with the same
> settings) but then one day just stopped.

I have had wireless devices suddenly die on me too - the one supplied
with my first Shuttle comes to mind (usb) and more recently I had to
replace a Linksys device (pci) that suddenly went marginal on me,
despite removing, reseating, reinstalling, etc., with the replacement
device fixing the problem straight away.

I hate wireless and would change to those mains devices in an instant if
I had the cash!

Sean