Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Windows Wireless problem

Top Page
Author: The Holy ettlz
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT]Windows Wireless problem

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5841f100.hantslug.org.uk.4714': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri Apr 18 23:49:23 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2FF22CF403F94B5D
Hello,

> But regardless of what windows says I can not see anything on my network, I
> can't ping anything and nothing can ping the laptop. If I run ipconfig /all
> it returns an error (I have duplicated the network setting on the other
> laptop)
>
> I have tried installing a USB wireless adaptor but I get the same problem (the
> USB is from my daughters working laptop).

What is the nature of the network (i.e., WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.)?
What precisely does ipconfig /all report?
Does Windows acquire no IP address at all, an invalid IP like 0.0.0.0,
or some 169.etc. ZeroConf address?

James

--
The Holy ettlz                              TheHolyettlz@???