Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Wall mounting monitors

Author: Brian Chivers
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Wall mounting monitors
lug wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm thinking of getting another monitor and for various reasons, I'd
> like to wall mount it. Trouble is, my experience is that while (it
> seems) most monitors describe themselves as wall mountable, none seem
> to invlude the brackets themselves - hence I'd need to buy the bracket
> separately and (as yet) I've not found a stockist who confirms yes
> bracket x is compatible with monitor y.
>
> I'm likely to buy the monitor online so no real way of seeing it
> before I buy it.
>
> Has anyone done this - anyone know of a decent monitor that comes with
> the bracket? FWIW I'm thinking something around 19" (bigger if poss).
>
> Cheers
> Rob

I've wall mounted a few 15 - 19" & a few 40 - 42" TFT's and I've had
quite good results from the BTech range of mounts, they aren't very
expensive, the one I have for my 40" TV at home was £30 + vat

As long as you make sure the monitor has VESA wall mount points you
should be find. The VESA mount points are usually 100mm or 75mm and
usually the mounts can except both sizes.

I think I have a spare BTech VESA wall mount for 19" ish screens in
work, if you like I'll have a look at the model number etc tomorrow when
I'm in the office, might even be able to sell it if after looking at it
you're interested, contact me off list about this if you like.

Brian

                the views of Portsmouth College