Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Wall mounting monitors

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Wall mounting monitors
2008/4/20 Sean Gibbins <sean@???>:
> lug wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I'm thinking of getting another monitor and for various reasons, I'd
> > like to wall mount it. Trouble is, my experience is that while (it
> > seems) most monitors describe themselves as wall mountable, none seem
> > to invlude the brackets themselves - hence I'd need to buy the bracket
> > separately and (as yet) I've not found a stockist who confirms yes
> > bracket x is compatible with monitor y.
> >
> > I'm likely to buy the monitor online so no real way of seeing it
> > before I buy it.
> >
> > Has anyone done this - anyone know of a decent monitor that comes with
> > the bracket? FWIW I'm thinking something around 19" (bigger if poss).
> >
> > Cheers
> > Rob
> >

> Hi Rob,
>
> I am pretty sure Maplins do a flexible wall mounting system - at least I
> think it was in a Maplins mailout that I saw it. Might even be on sale
> now come to think of it.

I picked up a wall bracket from Maplins (in fact for a 32" TV not a
monitor) - they did have a range and as I recall came with numerous
different holes and M4, M6, and M8 screws to cover most fitting
configurations.

I got the impression that when a piece of kit (monitors or TVs) says
it is wall mountable then it will have threaded holes in the back
inparticular semi-standard places and that most (hopefully all) off
the shelf mounting brackets should work with them. Certainly my Iiyama
does.

If you are buying on line it might be possible to find out about the
mounting holes.

Meanwhile I recently saw in a well known supermarket of all places a
rather smaller and more compact mounting kit at 19.99- might be worth
a look next time you are shopping B-) I'm sur thay would take it back
if it turned out not to fit.