Re: [Hampshire] [OT] ? CPU problem?

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] ? CPU problem?
> The questions to ask are: does it fix a specific problem, or enable
> functionality I need?

This might be a harder question to answer than you think :-)

Last night, I was building a server. I could not get the installation[1]
to work; it would go through the motions, then crash horribly.[2]

It turned out that I needed to reflash the BIOS (minor version number
change with a makor effect!), and *not* use the SATA drivers supplied by
the vendor...

Vic.

[1] A Windows Server2003 installation. Fedora 7 worked flawlessly in about
20 minutes...

[2] "STOP: 0x0000007b" is such a meaningful error message, don't you think?