Re: [Hampshire] Weird HDD Behaviour

Author: John Hunt
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Weird HDD Behaviour
> Yup, that's bad. Back up everything as soon as possible. There are
> three possibilities here: the disk is dying, the cabling has gone bad,
> or the controller has started to die. Of these, the former is by far
> the most likely (although I've seen both of the other two).

That's always a good one, when you realise the cable has just come out a
little bit! Nice easy fix.

On a related subject, make sure your backups are working! A couple of
days ago I discovered my backups were stuck in February - fortunately I
discovered & fixed this before anything bad happened.

John.