Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu 8.04 is in the wild

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu 8.04 is in the wild
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:26:09 +0100
"Chris. Aubrey-Smith" <cas194@???> wrote:

> Why all the rush? I've ordered a CD which I have no doubt will
> (yawn) arrive in due course, at which time I shall take a look.
> I'll decide then if I want to bother upgrading from Gutsy.
>
> Meanwhile, Etch continues to do everything I need....

long may it continue to do so :-)

and when you want to upgrade a simple edit to /etc/apt/sources.list
followed by aptitude update/aptitude full-upgrade will (probably) give
you a seamless conversion to lenny - no faffing about with
re-installing.

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) & the GeneWeb genealogical data server