Re: [Hampshire] Error when updating Lenny

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Error when updating Lenny
On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 16:04:42 +0100 (+0100), Lisi wrote:
> For some days now I have been getting the following error when I update Lenny:
>
> <quote> E: Failed to fetch
> http://debian.man.ac.uk/debian/pool/main/s/sqlite3/libsqlite3-0_3.5.8-1_i386.deb:
> 404 Not Found </quote>
>
> I have been doing nothing about it, on the premises that it doesn't appear to
> be inconveniencing me at all and that it is likely to be put right sooner or
> later.

That normally means that the package list (obtained by apt-get update)
is out of sync with the current state of the mirror. Normally running
apt-get update will fix it (i.e. perhaps find
libsqlite3-0_3.5.9-1_i386.deb).

BTW, any particular reason to be running lenny?

Adrian
--
Email: adrian@??? -*- GPG key available on public key servers
Debian GNU/Linux - the maintainable distribution -*- www.debian.org