Re: [Hampshire] Worthwhile screensaver

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Worthwhile screensaver
** Rob Malpass <lug@???> [2008-05-29 14:40]:
> Does anyone have any good recommendations for a "worthwhile"
> screensaver?There are obviously thousands out there that either blank the
> screen, play a video, draw a pretty picture or do something allegedly
> amusing.
>
> I'd quite like to have my spare clock cycles do something more useful -
> though I'm not really interested in SETI. Anybody know of any good ones
> that might do something interesting without guzzling my bandwidth?
>
> Any ideas welcome, but as I say I'm not interested in cartoons or just
> playing videos / slideshows etc.

** end quote [Rob Malpass]

You're looking for something to keep that CPU churning away rather than
looking to let it nap for a while and stop munching away on all that
environmentally unfriendly and increasingly expensive electricity?

Sorry, bit tongue in cheek there, but I'm currently busy (or at least
trying to be) looking into low power computing :)

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: