Re: [OT] Phone Spam (was: Re: [Hampshire] Just checking)

Author: Bob Dunlop
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OT] Phone Spam (was: Re: [Hampshire] Just checking)
Hi,

On Fri, May 30 at 01:11, Stephen Rowles wrote:
> > Dr Adam J Trickett wrote:
> >>
> >> At least we don't get phone calls trying to sell things in the evenings
> >> at the moment...!

> The service is BT Privacy:
>
> http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayProduct.do?productId=CON-3399&s_cid=con_FURL_privacy
>
> But you can just register with the TPS yourself which should stop all UK
> calls:
>
> http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/

TPS is worth doing direct. Check the terms and conditions on the BT thing,
I seem to remember when I last looked that it had a lock-in to using BT
for all your calls.

You can also get yourself removed from the printed and online directories
without having to go fully ex-directory. People who ask for you by name
can still get your number from directory enquiries, but sales people
can't scroll down a list.

--
        Bob Dunlop