Re: [Hampshire] restoring Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox fr…

Author: Simon Reap
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] restoring Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox from backup
Lisi wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 July 2008 18:21:12 Simon Reap wrote:
>
>> As for the "already running", I think it is the "lock" file in the
>> profile directory - I'm pretty sure that this is the file i had to
>> remove to make it work on my eeePC once.
>>

> So where do I find the profile directory? I looked for the "lock" file before
> where I (mis)understood you to say it was, but couldn't find it.
>
> Lisi

The profile directory is the funny_name.default one (where funny_name is
the one with numbers and upper+lower-case letters).

Also, for grep, one useful trick is to do something like:

    ps -ef | grep '[t]hunderbird'

That way the grep won't find itself, because it will be looking for
thunderbird, but the grep command line has [t]hunderbird. Neater than
the frequent "| grep -v grep" I often see which a) starts up a
superfluous grep command, and b) may hide the thing you are looking for.

Simon