Re: [Hampshire] Novatech laptops

Top Page
Author: The Holy ettlz
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Novatech laptops

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57e64100.hantslug.org.uk.11664': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Jul 30 17:24:42 2008 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2FF22CF403F94B5D
Paul,

> Just wondering whether anyone had tried running Linux on any of the
> current range of Novatech laptops. I'm half tempted, for convenience and
> a disillusionment with branded models (well Dell really, but being tied
> to a proprietary PSU connector, and the pitiful life, in terms of
> recharges, of the batteries makes me consider a 'noname' may make sense).

I've got Fedorae working with little hassle on a Navigator 14" (2005
model) and more recently an X20r (12" model). One of the X20rs currently
in their showroom is running Ubuntu. Check out the Novatech laptops
forum at

http://forum.novatech.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=22dd7bc5f7ac0735ca7ca57c7d012a9d

James.

--