apache and php [was Re: [Hampshire] dumb aptitude question]

Author: Mike Burrows
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: apache and php [was Re: [Hampshire] dumb aptitude question]

> And also could be relevant: if you run 'locate' immediately after the
> removal it won't have updated its database - which it does daily,
> typically, or on demand if you run updatedb.
> Apologies if you had already run updatedb between the remove and the locate!

Thanks hadn't run updatedb. I guess that comes as second nature after a
while.

This is all allied to my trials with gallery2. Finding I had a mix of
apache and apache2 (for etch) installed I had tried to remove the
packages and start again.

Anyway...to cut a long story

Can you please recommend an apache/php combo that is know to work under
etch. Until I can get .php files to run, i am dead in the water as far
as gallery2 is concerned.

I believe i have httpd.conf written correctly but the php module doesn't
seem to be being used by apache. I did find one thread which talks
about checking the output of 'something'/bin/httpd -l but the debian
httpd.conf was in a different place. Still my httpd -l didn't show any
php related modules.

TIA
Mike